Policy was updated 12th December 2019.
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information and sensitive information:
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number and other contact details;
• age or date of birth;
• your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information;
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
• information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
• any other personal information that may be required to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, and we may collect this information when you:
• utilise one of services, either through our app or web-based portal;
• communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or otherwise through our website; or
• otherwise interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
We may also receive personal or anonymised information about you from our suppliers where you have used their services or made purchases from them. This information may include a customer ID that identifies you in the third party’s database, as well as the categories of information set out above.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• identify you as an employee or associate of a business that is an n3 member and to provide better client service to you, your business partners, and your employees;
• to enable you to access and use our website or app;
• operate our business as it applies to you;
• keep you informed about our products and services and those of relevant business partners;
• participate in the process of any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in us or our assets;
• protect our lawful interests;
• to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our suppliers or users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
• to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website or app, business and our suppliers' and users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and create new products, and conduct training;
• verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services;
• help provide any other services that you have requested;
• offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests;
• for any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake;
• for any other purposes for which you have given permission.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
• our employees and contractors, for the purposes of managing our products and systems and providing our services;
• our Suppliers, where you are seeking to access their products and/or services and are required to verify your identity in order to do so;
• anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
• specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
• other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Where your access, subscription, or membership has been provided through one of our partner groups or associations we may include your information as part of a de-identified, aggregate information set to share insights with the group or association about their members use of our services.
Using our website and cookies
When you use our services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and/or your web browser. This may include such information as the third-party website or application into which the services are integrated, the date and time that you use the services, your Internet Protocol (IP) and domain name, your software and hardware attributes (including operating system, device model, and hashed device fingerprint information ), and your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity.
Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007
The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 aims to stop people sending you unsolicited commercial electronic emails. If you, receive an email from us promoting our products or services it is because we believe you have provided us with consent; either when your email address was submitted to us via our website, or by other means. You have the opportunity to opt out of all communications with the exception of notices we may be legally bound by contract to pass on to you. Should you not want to receive email communications, you can manage which emails to receive from us in your account settings or alternatively contact us directly.
How do we keep Personal Data safe?
We take reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. Among other things, we encrypt personal information both in transit and at rest. We regularly conduct security audits, vulnerability scans, and penetration tests to ensure compliance with security best practices and standards. However, we cannot guarantee the safety of your personal information.
In the unlikely event there is a data breach, we will (without delay) notify the relevant data protection authority, unless the breach is not likely to present any risk to your rights.
Where is Personal Data stored?
How long is it stored for?
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your Personal Data unless the law requires us to retain it for longer. For example, if required by local legislation or in the event we required it to defend legal proceedings.
information, or make a complaint, please contact us using the details set out on our website, or:
PO Box 7170
Victoria Street West
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
Document version 1.1 Dated December 2019